Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Rose Cleanse - Day 3


I learned something today about doing The Rose Cleanse: BE PREPARED!

I wasn't. OK, I did have two juices leftover from Day 2 to get me through the morning, twelve ounces of Green and eight of Red. But the morning included a big 3-hour hike and photo shoot through the woods at Amethyst Brook, and by the time I got home, I was hungrrry! If there had been a juice waiting for me in the fridge (or someplace to buy one between Amherst and Montague) that would have taken care of things. But there wasn't. If only Juice Bars were as ubiquitous as coffee shops...

But alas, they are not. So, I got home and couldn't wait for juice. Instead, I made a smoothie, which is way faster - at least with my beloved juicer, which is a gentle, slow, single gear model.


I kept the smoothie light: one young coconut, water and meat, half a pint of blueberries and a few leaves of kale, plus a little lemon juice, cinnamon and ice. I'm a whiz at opening a young coconut so the drink was ready in no time. Phew! Hunger emergency abated.

I learned something else today. Blueberries can really thicken up a smoothie! By the second glass, my drink was glop! Even with some water added I ended up eating it with a spoon, like pudding. (Mental note: interesting dessert potential there...)

Anyway, the smoothie did the trick and I was able to continue through to dinner: Steamed Kelp Noodles and the last of my Rainbow Salad with a little Thai hot sauce for kick. Wonder what's on tomorrow's menu...?

No comments: